Week of June 15th– 23rd
Things you can do RIGHT NOW
1. Call the Mayor and City Council to defund the police.
Tell her you support the demands of the People’s Budget Bako Coalition.
2. Tag the Mayor, City Councilmembers and the BPD in a social post on Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook.
Share your thoughts and the demands of the People’s Budget Bako Coalition.
3. Follow @pplsbudgetbako on Twitter and Instagram.
4. Use your Facebook to organize.
Go to your Facebook profile. Click on “Friends.” You will see the multiple categories of “Friends” like “Recently Added”, “Birthdays” etc. Click on “More” at the end of that list and click on “Current City.” It will give you all of the friends currently in Bakersfield that you can message with a script located in our Toolkit.
5. SHARE THIS INFORMATION EVERYWHERE. TALK ABOUT IT EVERYWHERE. PUT IT ON ALL YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA. WE DO NOT HAVE A LOT OF TIME.
Additional Actions You Can Take
Sign on as a Supporter
Add your name or your organization as a supporter of the People’s Budget Bako.
Take our People’s Budget Survey
Help us build a more representative budget by sharing what areas you think deserve funding.
Read The People’s Budget Report (will be released 6/19)
Based on the initial survey results, this report shares what Bakersfield residents want to see prioritized in the city budget.
Watch this page for more updates throughout this week and month.
We’re stronger together.